The Columbus Campus is closed: More
Digital Marketing Major (Semester-based) - Description Associate of Applied Science
Please note: the degree information listed here is based on the 2016 / 2017 Catalog which is subject to change. Please consult with an Academic Advisor or academic department for the latest information.
Online Learning Degree
Digital Marketing Major (Semester-based) - Description Associate of Applied Science is considered to be an Online Learning Degree. All course requirements for this degree are available in a Web or Blended (Hybrid) option. Some courses may require clinical or other laboratory visits. Other courses, such as practicums, might not be listed Distance Courses. Contact the Academic Department for further information and details.
Marketing is at the heart of what every business must do to be successful: attract and retain customers. Marketing professionals are responsible for knowing how to produce, price, promote, and distribute goods and services. Program graduates enjoy career opportunities in such diverse areas as product management, advertising, retailing, public relations, web-based businesses, customer service and sales.
The Digital Marketing major builds on a solid foundation in marketing to provide advanced skills in these specialized areas. The Digital Marketing major provides graduates with a survey of the major components of direct marketing including creative design, list selection, database management, and financial evaluation of direct marketing programs. Particular emphasis is placed on interactive technologies and their impact on direct marketing.
Columbus State Community College is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for the offering of its business programs that culminate in the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Upon completion of the Associate Degree in Marketing, the graduate will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply fundamental marketing concepts as well as financial and quantitative analysis with regard to the pricing, promotion, and distribution of goods and services in a global economy.
- Explain the role of branding, the concept of brand equity, and brand elements in designing marketing programs and strategies in global economy.
- Differentiate between competitive marketing strategies for services and non-profit organizations.
- Explain how consumer behavior impacts overall marketing strategy and influences the purchaserís decision-buying process as identified by consumer analysis and marketing information systems.
- Identify issues and opportunities that arise in global marketing, and describe the basic mechanisms for doing business in international markets.
- Evaluate business-to-business marketing issues as they relate to supply chain management, purchasing and pricing strategy, market segmentation, target markets, and positioning strategies in a global economy.
- Explain the major components of direct marketing and database management with particular emphasis on interactive technologies and the financial evaluation of direct marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate the components of e-Commerce models, using digital media (Internet, email, and blogs mobile technology and search engines), social media optimization, and Web analytics to effectively reach consumers and business-to-business organizations.
- Differentiate between the traditional role of advertising and promotion in marketing communications strategies for an organization and current trends which make use of interactive and digital media advertising and communications strategies in a global and competitive environment.
- Analyze sales and customer services processes as they relate to consumer and business-to-business purchasing and customer retention.
In addition to the Marketing competencies, a graduate with a Digital Marketing major will be able to:
- Select and use the appropriate methodology to assess the costs of direct marketing efforts
- Evaluate and utilize interactive direct marketing media.
Students taking courses in this curriculum may need to own or have access to hardware/software to pursue this degree. This is particularly important for students who are enrolled in online/ distance learning-based sections of a particular course. Check with the program advisor to discuss specific course needs and options.
This degree has been viewed 1556 times.